Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pupa Episode 08 - Caterpillar

Did you know that Pupa is still a thing which is airing?

My best guess for its existence is that they actually have nothing else they could possibly be airing for four minutes.

Literally anything would be better than Pupa. Anything.

But no. This is still happening. So let's just get this over with...

So today on Pupa, we get to see some epic walking to school. Or something, I guess they've finally deciding having weird guro incest sex all day is kind of passe now so they're going to get back to trying to live like normal people.

But then this guy shows up and man I just what.

Wow dude, can you be any more strung out or what?
This weird guy asks if they'd please come with him or else he will assault them with a giant white stripe.

... uh what?

I am really beginning to question the censorship in this show.
He then says before they come with him though he'd like to have some 'fun' first. Oh, and I guess he's given up attacking them with a giant white bar now. He's now upgraded to sharpened butterknife.

So you can't show him pulling out a knife, but he can
be just as menacing as he wants with it. Okay....
The siblings are somehow terrified, however, despite both clearly being inhuman monsters now, and we get our crappy title slide of the week. Moving on.

Quickly, apply photoshop filters to our stills to make
them appear more artsy to make up for our clearly
discernible lack of artistic talent!
Inside the warehouse with no light the brother is getting stabbed over and over or something. Then there's a brief thing with that guy from the past but creepy dude with a knife is all "man this is lame, oh well gonna keep stabbing you for fun" and now instead of white censor bars, we're getting black censor bars. Which aren't quite as jarring yet still confuse the hell out of me as to why they are here now, when they weren't present for the first couple of episodes.

I've got an idea, let's obscure as much as possible in
order to let our audience use their imaginations!
Again, they make some super questionable censorship choices because seconds later they fail to censor ANYTHING.

Stabbing someone? Not cool. Watching the wound
knit itself back together with maggots? Totally fine!
Seriously guys, what. The. F**k.

I'm going to guess there might be a knife there? I don't know.
Again, you can show a knife, but you can't show a knife threatening someone else with bodily harm? This is just so damned bizarre I can't even wrap my head around the logic of why they were so desperate to air this shit that they were willing to basically neuter it to the point of becoming COMPLETELY F***ING POINTLESS.

That's like me c*****ing every third or f***h word because I just fucking f**l like it.

See what I did there? Was that super clever WELL WAS IT? BECAUSE THAT IS THE LEVEL OF CLEVERNESS THIS SHOW IS STOOPING TO.

We see a closeup of the eye but then the sister runs over to tell him to stop and, with knife in hand and totally uncensored he backhands her with the butt of the knife.

My god. Just. My god.

So now he walks over and tries to tell her how awful she is for eating her brother and then a censor bar appears after we hear some metal jingle and oh god did he just whip out his dick or something?!

Honestly, there could be anything behind that censor bar.
But then he gets kicked in the face by an angry brother who plucks his eye out for fun, and now his sister is all scared and shit. He gets hit with a stun gun though, which, hilariously enough?

Is also censored.
Then some other dudes in the shadows show up I guess and... that's the end.

I'm ready to say it.

Pupa is legitimately the worst thing I have ever watched in my entire life. It is now official.

I just wanted to declare that to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment