Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pupa Episode 10 - Pupation

So who is up to waste another three minutes of their life with this crap? We're two episodes away from the big finish, which I can only assume is going to build up to something so incredibly epic people will be talking about it for decades.

... pffffhahahahahaha yeah right. Like anyone is even still watching this putrid corpse decay by this point. Except me.

... what am I doing with my life...?

You can tell this one's gonna be a real winner right from the start.

Oh good, more flashbacks, JUST WHAT WE NEED AT
THE TAIL END OF THIS INCREDIBLY DRAMATIC SERIES.
We get to see his dad or whatever all "aww gonna protect your sister" and holding a cigarette out at him and then he gets attacked by the white space again and now there is a title screen oh boy! Things are just looking up. Ayep.

So there's still lots of dead soldiers and doctors and pretty much everyone is dead now I guess except for our main hero whose sole purpose in life is to be food for his sister, who has now found him. They have a happy little reunion and she's all "so yeah, I kinda just killed a lot of people, but that's cool, because you'll protect me, right?"

And he's all just like "here give me a hug" and they hug and it is touching and now they go back to school.

... did you seriously just... oh my god you did.
So NOW they attempt to pull a mindf**k on us by trying to make us question everything we know. Which might have been effective IF ANYBODY GAVE TWO SHITS ABOUT IT. It is everything I can do to keep from bursting out into laughter over just how horribly overwrought this crap is. Things like this belong in an actual OVA, not a minisode of some animated short.

Then some people play basketball while little sister eats her brother. More school happens I guess. Or doesn't, they're pretty unclear on that.

I hope you like looking at it because you get to stare at it.
For like ten straight seconds. Not even joking.
At this point the entire budget has been blown and they are forced to replay the same shit over and over to fill up time, hoping sound effects will do what the rest of the show has completely failed to do, which is horrify its audience. Well, while it is horrifying, I'm pretty sure it isn't for any of the reasons they were hoping for.

Sorry can you turn the incest up a little more I don't
think you are really implying it hard enough yet.
He talks about how good she looks and how being a foodstuff isn't a bad way of life, and we see a teddy bear fall over by itself, but with the other one they can lean on one another and never fall which I guess is super touching or some shit.

More pointlessness. Great.
They end with her saying "delicious" and them cutting to the end credits.

I give up trying to understand. I just give up. Some things are just so completely bad that they defy all explanation, and Pupa is one of those things.

I cannot wait for this crap to be over for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment