Monday, February 10, 2014

Pupa Episode 05 - Tadpole

Well it is clear that I am definitely feeling unwell as of late. Not quite vomit-inducing levels of unwell, but I fear this could change over the course of the next few days.

So of course we need to follow up all of this incredibly unwell-feeling with a dose of horrific anime you wouldn't feed your dog. Actually if you're feeding your dog anime to begin with, I think you have some issues. Not to say your dog doesn't for actually eating it, but you know. There's something wrong somewhere.

Is that a good enough Segue for Pupa? Hell, seems good enough for me...

*sigh*

No. Really. Just... this is going to be agonizing to watch. You know how I can tell? Because of this.

Great, now pregnancy is also evil. FML.
So... we get to see this thing where the dad (I think) asks what Yume is... and then some chick talking about needing to get an abortion soon? Is this the mom? Or did I miss something somewhere? Then we see what's probably our baby hero and she's all "better abort before something bad happen" and then she gets... electrocuted? Or something? And she falls to the ground I guess because she is in pain?

It's official. I have no f***ing clue what is going on now.
Congratulations. I've watched the last four episodes of this travesty and have no idea what the hell is even going on anymore. Are you being literal? Metaphorical? What in the sweet name of christ is happening with this show. I DEMAND THAT YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF WITHIN THE NEXT THIRTY SECONDS BEFORE WE FORGET WHAT THIS IS TRYING TO BUILD UP TOWARDS.

So we get our title slide which interrupts any hope of an explanation, and we learn that Yume, like any other person, was born a wriggling, disgusting bloody mess that her mother insists is a monster.

I guess we are supposed to learn that... the baby was always some kind of horrible flesh-eating monster? Or something? Because as a child Utsusu wasn't allowed near his own baby sister who just sorta... lounged about. Or something. It's all very confusing at this point.

Oh but then they decide to tell us that Yume is a monster because she was born with all of her teeth.

Yeah, you read that right. SHE WAS BORN WITH TEETH. CLEARLY SHE IS SOME SPAWN OF SATAN.

BEHOLD THE DEVIL BABY OF EVIL!!!
Also the mom continues to show us that she is completely batshit f***ing insane because she feels creeped out by the fact that her baby is watching her.

Lady are you absolutely SURE you have raised a child before? Because that is the kind of thing YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE DOING.

So of course, the right thing to do is take a box cutter to your harmless baby with teeth and creepy stares.

... my god it's like this show is screaming LOOK AT ME I AM THE MOST HORRIBLE THING EVER DON'T YOU FEEL BAD HUH HUH DON'T YOU FEEL BAD LOOK AT ALL OF THIS F***ED UP SHIT HEY YOU SHOULD FEEL HORRIBLE YEAH LOOK AT THAT BABY COVERED IN BROWN SYRUP THAT IS TOTALLY A BAD THING HURR HURR WE ARE EDGY.

So there's a good five second pause and then we hear some laughing and then, uh. Some super weird shit starts happening. I'd want to screencap this but I think it's best if I just say the baby suddenly has half a deformed turd head or something and is sprouting plants or something. Oh but there's that teddy bear, just casually hanging out, chilling like a bro!

Then there's an audio flashback of some dude saying "won't you have my child?" and then her asking for what I can only presume is her husband to come back home. I think. Then there's falling whit feathers! And baby eating live birds. More falling feathers! And the mother narrating to... some dude. And kiddy bro asking why his mom is completely psychotic. Her response? PSYCHOTIC LAUGHTER WITH A COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC FILTER TO LET YOU KNOW THIS LADY IS GODDAMN NUTS.

Oh hey look at this our art graduates discovered
the joy of Photoshop filters!
The whole while some guys are just watching her all "bitch you cray-cray you know that?"

Oh god now we're in a Papa Roach song.
The mother then asks Shirou to... hit her again. Because pain makes her feel alive.

... I'm sorry what the f**k?

No. Seriously. What in the f**k. The actual legitimate f**k. That dude on the left? I guess that's the father that's raised these children? And he just casually considers hitting his wife... because she literally asks for it?!

I cannot even begin to unravel the sheer WTF going on here. I really can't. I could try, but I think I would break halfway through. In three minutes we've seen abortions, attempted baby murder, child neglect, child abuse, children eating live animals, and a mother so clearly paranoid and insane that she wants her own husband to beat her because it makes her feel better about herself.

Holy. F***ing. Shit.

And I'm sure someone out there thought this show wasn't going to be that bad.

By the way? That's the end of this episode. Things we've learned? Their mom was nuts. The end.

... god this garbage stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment