Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pupa Episode 07 - Incubation

No. I didn't forget about Pupa. Unfortunately. I've simply been budgeting my time poorly once again.

Don't worry though. It's getting better.

My budgeting of time, not this show. What, you honestly think this show can ever redeem itself after having shit all over itself for the first half and then trying to show us how talented it is by smearing it all over the walls? Please.

I am in a particularly vile mood I think. I can safely blame Pupa for that. Let's get on with it...

So being halfway though it's entire run time, you'd expect maybe they would start trying to show us exactly where this show is going, right? Well, it starts off with some dude we've never seen before doing a monologue, so we're already off to a great start.

Oh boy we're gonna be here all day aren't we...
So who is sunglasses in the dark talking about? That crazy lady with the hat and franken-cat, of course. But I guess at least this is getting us somewhere. That is, if him talking about her never having any kind of morals character progression, I suppose.

Oh and I guess she doesn't understand that thing called human emotion either. Laughing and crying just make no sense to her. Also, I guess giant demon-bugs really don't mean shit to her.

That's not curiosity, that's called attempting suicide.
She starts cutting up the bug and he's all "everything to her is like a living guinea pig", and then we learn his name: Hotoki. Who is told to get out and go snag her some sperm. Yippee, progress. Oh and some eggs, because she wants to make her a baby monster. Oh, and the teddy bears are still doing things.

Oh look at us we are so dark and edgy we are taking
something cute and making it look horrifying oooooh.
Sorry, every time they try to spring the whole teddy bear thing as a euphemism I just... I can't help but roll my eyes. This is just incredibly lazy, especially since we've already seen way worse shit. This isn't unsettling. It's not even moderately uncomfortable. It's just plain damned annoying. It's like they're trying to say they don't have the balls to just show us the same shit from last episode because clearly THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. I MEAN GOD DAMN PEOPLE.

Of course it gets worse because he starts talking about having his "flesh slide into her belly" as being a thing that is incredibly painful but at the same time still kind of pleasurable. My god did anybody bother proofreading this shit because your incest innuendo (your incestuenndo if you will) is way off the freaking meter right now!

But then they literally recycle some of the animation from last episode. Just shamelessly putting that shit in there while he talks about her eating him alive and... yeah. Then there's the monster and he talks about how sad she looks but she's not cried since that day blah blah oh look we get the title slide like halfway through.

So now ther's some of those weird bug things and weird people statues or something and that crazy lady taking a bath. Oh and Hotoki comes to visit because, y'know. He talks about the decor, then asks to fondle her breasts.

... yeah that's actually what happens. Oh and the cat climbs on his head and comedically chomps away at it, which... is really out of tune with the rest of this show so far. When did you start attempting the Soul Eater style of darkness because this is not really sticking with the rest of the tone so far.

No he's not he totally wants to touch 'em.
The point of him showing up is to tell her that someone is targeting the kids. Who, you might ask? The Imari Ishin Organization.

Yeah you know those people who wait hold on a sec.
So... creating a monster baby, totally okay and legal. And yet these other people, not okay?

... I am having a very difficult time believing a single thing these people are saying because one would think that creating monsters THAT EAT PEOPLE is PRETTY GODDAMNED ILLEGAL.

But what do I know? Flesh-eating zombies invade Japan all the time, just ask Capcom.

Standing up Hotoki is all "whoa you're putting on your hat but totally baring the rest for the world to see" and she's all like "So? Oh by the way if you betray me I'll make you regret that." Okay. Kind of out of nowhere but whatever. She asks him if he's sure he'll never betray her and he's all "man, I am totes devoted to you and your titties. Oh and that giant monster you have locked up just down the hallway from here, let me point it out so the camera can zoom in on that shit all dramatic-like".

Yeah now I am even more confused than I was before.
How is this research you are doing not somehow illegal...?
Oh and then it is revealed that... wait she is pregnant? And she says something about the kids not wanting to wait to meet their mother and father?

... okay now I am even more confused. What the f**k is going on in this show? And how in the name of shit is someone supposed to follow any of this?!

Every time I sit down and watch this, I am more and more bewildered. At this rate, Evangelion will start to make more sense than this show.

Let me take that a step further.

Evangelion 3.33 will make more sense than this crap by the time it is over.

Yeah. I went there. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be right too, since there's only like six more eps of this thing.

... this show blows my mind in how absolutely horribly executed it is. Just completely blows it right the f**k away.

What is life?

No comments:

Post a Comment